Thursday, May 24, 2007

Do one hundred million people gossip every day?

This was a statistic offered on the Oprah & Friends show on XM Radio. No source was offered, so I am now sure how reliable this statistic is. Also, is this just in the U.S.? Do Canadians not even count? How many people gossip every day around the World? Reportedly, several municipal employees in New England were fired for gossiping during their lunch break.

Two thirds of all people reportedly gossip. Again, I have no idea what geographic scope is included in this statistic and what the criteria for "gossip" are.

Oprah went on to talk about people stealing from hotel rooms. She claims not to have taken anything other than shampoo samples hersef, but someone else reported that he at least somtimes took the "Do Not Disturb" sign. An industry insider suggested that was OK, and Oprah apparently thought this was a rather "cool" idea.

3 comments:

nona said...

I told my teenage daughter that she and her friends, "...should not gossip!"

She responded, "Well, what would we talk about then?"!

Lars Perner, Ph.D. said...

Good point! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I suggest to all my friends to enjoy your free time by watching Free TV Shows Online.