- Income ≠ willingness to pay
- You do not have to make a direct profit on everything you do. What matters is TOTAL profit.
- Having a great product does not mean that consumers will (a) know this and (b) be able to find a place to buy it.
- Selling online usually costs more than going through traditional retailers
- Behavior of segments tends to differ. Averages are often meaningless and misleading.
- Messing with Microsoft is stupider than messing with Jim, spitting into the wind, tugging on Superman’s cape, or pulling off the Lone Ranger’s mask.
Monday, December 03, 2007
Biggest points of the semester
This is the last week of classes for the semester. Tomorrow's lecture will include a reminder of some fundamental truths:
Posted by Lars Perner, Ph.D. at 11:37 AM