Sunday, April 08, 2012

A misdeed

During the first years I spent in the doctoral program, I lived in University housing.  One day, in the dark of night when nobody was watching, I put a "No Hunting or Fishing" sign on the gate into the apartment complex.  I doubt that many wild animals made their way into the complex.  Although there was a pool, it was left empty while I lived there, so opportunities for fishing would likely also have been rather minimal.  Still, one had better be safe!

The night day, I was rather frustrated when it looked like a custodian was about to remove the sign.  Much to my relief, however, it turned out that he was only straightening up the sign and making sure that it was securely attached.

2 comments:

The Enthusiastic One said...

Hi Dr. Lars:

There's a web site you might enjoy: http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/

Not that your note was at all passive-aggressive! But the humor reminded me of this site.

Let me know what you think!

TEO

Lars Perner, Ph.D. said...

Yes, there are definitely some good ones!