Saturday, March 31, 2007

Jiving--or the failure to jive

The guilt of eves dropping on someone else's conversation which was reported below--a sorely tempting avenue for a psychologist--caused me to remember another communication that wasn't intended for me. As a prude, I am glad that I do not have a clear imagination of what may have gone on, but I quite suspect that the background was rather juicy. I only hope that the writer was married and that the implied activity was with his or her spouse. Yes, that's rather naive. As a "fall back" hope, I hope that the person elected not to be in a jiving state.

One day back in college, there was a prominently posted note on the door across from my apartment. I remember the message to this day: "You may call me a loser, but celibacy and I just don't jive."

No comments: