Saturday, January 27, 2007

Bad news

Last night's evening news seemed particularly bleak. Maybe that is because I normally get my news from newspapers and the Internet rather than from the TV news, but I wonder if several things like this really happen every day:

1. An armed (and presumably dangerous) priest was on the run. It had been presumed that he had been hiding in his barricaded church after he allegedly assaulted a woman there earlier in the day, but he had actually managed to escape.

2. A girl scout on a mission to sell cookies was chased away by a woman with a hunting riffle.

3. A great grandmother had been tasered by her grandson-in-law after the refused to leave or stop her criticism of his method of disciplining his toddler daughter.

1 comment:

anggerik merah said...

Hi Lars,

Searching for Asperger Syndrome in the net brought me to your blog. My 11 year old son had been diagnosed as having this syndrome and I am learning how to better understand him and help him to reach his highest potential.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It is really open up my knowledge on this as a parent.

Regards/Anggerik Merah