Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Pink beverages

One of my favorite exam questions asks which research method would be most appropriate to test a hypothesis, held by manufacturers of citrus beverages, that some men will secretly be embarrassed to consume pink lemonade since they may find the beverage too "sissy." The preferred answer is projective research--asking the respondent what someone else similar to him might feel. It is easier to admit that another man's manhood may be threatened by a "feminine" beverage that it is to admit that about one self.

Imagine my delight when, in tonight's episode of Gilmore Girls, Rory celebrated her twenty-first birthday, and her grandmother invented the "Rory" in her honor. The drink contained a number of obnoxious components and was quite pink. Rory's grandmother, Emily, gave Luke a hard time about his apparent discomfort with the drink--it was supposed to be feminine!

Personally, I would prefer to avoid this drink. It is not the color that is threatening my manhood, but I am a firm believer in temperance. Without the alcohol, it might be OK. ;)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, see my ##DisneyWorld## related site. We have special vacation bargains for everyone. You may find one you like. Tim

Anonymous said...

You have a great blog here! I have a movie downloads site. In addition to movie downloads, you can find options for downloading various movie players. Check it out when you can :)
Rod

Anonymous said...

The best place I have found for pontiac solstice is pontiac solstice

Anonymous said...

Search this thing - it is hilarious how people cant even spell right when they are selling something on eBay

Misspelledauctions.com

Anonymous said...

I just searched "web blog" on Google and found your blog.
It is very interesting, keep up the good work.

I think it would be a great asset to my newBlog Directory. Its good for your search rankings and Its free and only takes a few minutes to fill out.

If you like I can add it for you, just visit the site and click the contact button, I don't want to post my email address in your comments, you know how fast spammers pick up stuff like that.

If you could give me a link on your blog to my directory I will give you a featured listing.

William MacDonald
web blog

Anonymous said...

Think that could give you some Search Engine popularity, and traffic???

Simon said...

I've just found your blog about mocha whilst I was looking for more information to add to my blog about mocha. You've got a great blog going here. It's always good to have more information about mocha. I've just started my own blog about mocha if you would like to take a look.
Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Create your own Blog with free sudomain, Wordpress and much more.

Scott Edwards said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scott Edwards said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.