Saturday, September 04, 2004

Super Marketing Man

I don't drink, I don't smoke, and I don't do drugs (tall people are naturally high, anyway). I do, however, have one vice: Internet domain names. Every now and then, I register a new one.

Yesterday, a colleague made an off-hand reference to the "Marketing Man." This inspired me to check if MarketingMan.com was available. It wasn't, and it probably went way back in the old days (i.e., around 1999 or 2000).

Today, on an off-chance, it occurred to me to check if SuperMarketingMan.com was available. It actually was! Now I have to decide what to post on that site. For once, I don't feel guilty about acquiring this one. It describes me rather well! Maybe I should write an essay on my contributions to the intellectual development of marketing. Perhaps an autobiography would be more suitable. What do y'all think?


2 comments:

Emi said...

Why not include both essays and an autobiography on SuperMarketingMan.com?

Janet Vandenabeele said...

Lars,

You certainly are a SuperMarketingMan! I am a "returning student" (that is, an old broad going back to school) and studying marketing and your ConsumerPsychologist site is a delight to read. Your explanation of economic factors in the food marketing section is as clear and as plain as any I've ever read. Plus, I see from your biography that you spent some time at my first alma mater, the University of Maryland! Go TERPS!

I also hold a personal interest in autism spectrum disorders, so thanks for your amazing insights there as well.

Best wishes,
Janet V, aka alajamoon